Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Year 3, Day 20 Bringing Down the Horse

It looked like nice weather, but when the Domania walking gang took to the streets, we were met with howling winds, uncleared sidewalks, dirty snow and angry drivers as we walked back and forth across busy Pleasant street on our first ever walk to Russo's. Yes, we took the plunge many of us only dreamed of. We calculated it at about 2.4 miles, which is only slighter longer than our usual walk. However, due to inclement conditions, we had to take California Street back, thereby making it the longest walk ever. To top it off, I was carrying my salad and three apples and the bag was likely to give tear if I didn't hold it just so. But it was a great walk and I was glad to be part of the team, though my ears were ringing for quite a while after we got to Russo's.

Breakfast
2 slices of jane's new bread
super chunky peanut butter
coffee

snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno cheddar
4 sticks beef jerky
1 fuji apple
2 cups boston lite popcorn

Lunch
russos's ($5.45)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms,
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Robert's Faithful Brisket
Cauliflower

I don't know if anyone ever had this experience when you have a rent-a-car (I had to get a loaner because my car needed service): I came out my office at the end of the day I realized my car wasn't in the parking lot. I came home, had dinner, and then drafted Ruby to come with me to get my car. I was thinking about what a nice car dealership it was, as they lent me a car for nothing. The man had said "oh, since you're having your 30,000 mile tune-up, you can have a loaner car at no cost." Then I realized the 30,000 mile tune up costs FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I could buy a NEW CAR for that! On the way there, I took Ruby to Ben & Jerry's and let her get any cone she wanted, which in this case was a fudge-laden, sprinkle-covered coffee chip ice cream cone (kid-size, natch). The counter help were impressed that she picked coffee, because most young'ens pick chocolate or vanilla. Because I am an enabler, I brought home a pint.

No comments: