Sunday, March 06, 2005

Day Seven: Half Way There

On the SoBe diet, there is a two week "Phase One" that you are supposed to complete in order to adjust your body's natural insulin-producing setup, that has been thrown out of whack by our nation's high carb, highly processed diet. Once again, looking back on how I went from 172 pounds at my wedding to 226 at my second child's birth can be traced to this exact wrong kind of diet (though coupled with a sedintary lifestyle). I was reflecting on how I do less walking then when I had to walk to the T every day, and how that was sort of a baseline excercise I always had from living, being in the city—walking. The car life exacts a cost for its convenience. Emily and I had one car until 1999. The year that I remember gaining the most weight were 1997 (quit smoking); 1999 (got a second car and started a high-stress job); 2000 (Emily pregnant; we both went on an eating binge). C'est la vie. So it's time to check out of the eat-anything-you-want hotel; I've had a great stay. Hope I can come back sometime (Is it sad to say that?)

Breakfast:
1 Egg (in response to cards and letters about my cholesterol leve)
Lox
Tea
Cheese stick
Olives

Lunch:
Tuna with real mayonaise and hot sauce
Swiss cheese
Pickles

Snacks
30 Cashews
10 Almonds
1 Cheese Stick
2 Diet Cokes

Dinner:
2 Steak Tips
Broccoli with Fat-Free Cheese (has a bad aftertaste when melted, I noticed)

Dessert:
Sugarfree fudgicle
Mocha Ricotta (Double dipped on dessert, but it is Sunday night).


Here's looking at Monday. I'm not sure what the week will bring, but I think I'm ready. Maybe I'll weigh myself on Friday. Or maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No you di'int! Rollmops were something we used to make for Andy when he was a little kid.

Are you grinking lots of water? It helps, a lot. And get those veggies in there, with lunch, and as a snack, and at dinner. I look forward to the day when we can order a pizza together and scrape the entire topping into our respective bowls, tossing the crust to the wind. You're doing really really well. Atta boy, Obbie, Atta boy.