Friday, March 18, 2005

Day 18

Another day where I desperately tried to think of a non-eggs breakfast. I did it, with slightly better results this time. I realized that cukes, which are SoBe friendly and hummus (pick your favorite spelling, I did) are a good treat, that is palatable early in the morning. I am starting to feel uninterested in food, which is a good sign that you are really clicked in to your diet. I have found a lot of comfort in smelling foods I should not have, like chocolate. I also feel very comfortable in the handling of anti-sobe foods, like the yummy-smelling banana bread I came home to tonight (I had to put it away) or the peanut butter and fluff sandwiches I make for Ruby. No matter what the numbers are, I am on this thing for the long haul.

Breakfast
Lox
Cucubmers
Hummus


Snax
15 Cashews
1 Cheese Stick
1 Nip
15 Almonds

Lunch
Sliced Chicken with Spinach

Dinner
Sirloin with Asparagus

Dessert
Fudgxle

Emily made a great dinner tonight, but it had SNAP peas, not SNOW peas. I think SNAP peas are not SoBe friendly, so I was a refusenik and took up with the asparagus (it was a hot, new batch, for those of you following my morning asparagus revulsion). One of the very few frustrating things about the SoBe diet book is that there is the "foods you should enjoy" and "foods you should avoid" but as those each take up one page each, you can imagine that there are a lot of foods not covered there. I am constantly going to the book, and coming up empty. So snap peas are on the SoBe watch list until someone tells me otherwise. I was glad Ruby didn't entreat me to taste the banana bread she made with Wendy, because I would have had to refuse, and it would have been bad. I may in fact, return to eggs and T.B. tomorrow, watch this space to find out. Had I had the chance, I would have had some corned beef and cabbage today, but sadly, none was offered.

1 comment:

deutschzilla said...

I'm very proud of you. I read the whole blog from the beginning today. Always funny, very funny and your most recent entry about snap peas was most excellent. I'd write more but it's late and one of my eyes just rolled under the table and I need to go find it before Elvis does. Goodnight and good luck.