Monday, March 14, 2005

Day 15: Phase Two Begins

I must say that I thought a lot about what my day would be like, Phase Two-wise. However, the night was problematic—we didn't get to sleep till 12:30AM. At one, Ruby woke up coughing for an hour; At 2, Mag was up. I had to get up early (not early for most people) at 7 to get Ruby and me to her big first field trip. I sort of stumbled downstairs and you know when you didn't get enough sleep and don't feel hungry...or good? I determined that today would be one more day (mostly) on a Phase One plan. Not just because I want to weigh myself tomorrow, but because I want to keep losing weight if possible, by dieting.

Breakfast
2 Strips Turkey Bacon (Wellshire Farms, not as good as J.O.T.B.)
Eggs Over (both yolks broken in early AM fumbling)
Tea
1 Tsp Peanut Butter

Lunch
Breast of Chicken
Red Leaf Lettuce Salad

Snacks
Two and half Cheese Sticks
15 Almonds
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Cheese
Dragon Stick Jerky(!)

Dinner
Chilean Sea Bass (which is not Chilean or Sea Bass but Patagonian Toothfish)
Snow Peas
Asparagus

Dessert
Punk'd

In a small nod to Phase Two-itis, I cut a mango for Ruby this AM and tasted a sliver to ensure I was not serving her a poisonous gourd. It was good, but I didn't want any more than that sliver. She didn't want them—she has tasted the Costco Dry Mangoes and will accept no substitute. For lunch I had newman's dressing, which contains sugar, and after shopping, I ate a Bread & Circus slimjim, called Dragon Sticks. I walked a lot today, through Drumlin farms (including a stint carrying Ruby) and I didn't bring any SoBe snacks except cheese sticks, which Ruby ate most of. In exchange for the Dragon Stick, I skipped dessert altogether, and resigned myself to chewing gum and water. Longings: During my food shopping, I came across a number of delicious baked goods, including my favorite, a corn muffin. I sighed loud enough for all to hear and moved on to vegetables.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I enjoyimg the log of this journey. It's too bad that life isn't more accomodating but that's how it is. Love and all good wishes, MOM

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that whoever this "amy " character is (see comments from day 14) she sure seems like a character. Also, it's clear that no matter what the struggle is, you want Amy on your side. I know this blog encourages support fot the dieter, but may I support great encouragers too? Great details and humor Amy, but mostly I'm laughing at the way you piggy-backed on the blog by writing about your own diet struggle. Way to identify and support Rob! Also excellent to vent some of your own mishegas.

And a great big mazel tov to Robert for making it through The Cruelest Phase!

em