Monday, March 07, 2005

And on the Eighth Day...

No, I didn't rest from my diet, I continued on. I must say that in the past I have found great comfort in knowing what I am going to eat for breakfast every day. I now find myself in strange and unchartered territory. It reminds me of times in college when I experienced the same feeling (not knowing what I am going to eat when I get up) but for very different reasons.

Again I am having a taste problem, as this morning my broccoli and cheese omelette tasted like soft rubber. It may have had something to do with the fetid salsa I put on the top (instead of my usual V8). Though I don't miss carbs (the SoBe author guys were right about that) I do miss crispy things. Have been starting to think about pork rinds.

Breakfast
Broccoli and Cheese Omlette (10% lost due to bad salsa)
Tea

Snacks:
1 Cheese Stick
30 Cashews

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chik'n'Kebab

Dinner
Shrimp Cocktail (as per book instructions I ordered something right away as not to feel hungry, wasn't sure if the cocktail sauce was OK but I was fending off the breadbasket)
Side Salad
Sirloin Steak
Broccoli

Dessert
1 Sugar Free Carmel Nip (I was in heaven till I noted that they were 40 CALORIES EACH. How you gonna make a sugar free candy that takes up half your sweet allowance?)
1 sugarfree fudgicle.


It's not that I miss any of that junk—it's just that good, satisfying meals without bread, rice, pasta are so much more challenging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What progress! To go from dreaming about pie to not missing carbs in a mere eight days?? What lyric is that David Byrne quote from?
It's so hard not to finish your kids food! Maybe it's time to teach Ruby to clear her plate.

Some day they will figure out a way to feed organic vegetables to cows, in such a way that we can eat the beef and get all the benefits of the veggies too.

Anonymous said...

Can you dine at Smith & Wollensky on the South Beach diet?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Things are always changing! I'm impressed and happy for you! Keep it up! Maybe I'll be inspired and kick the butts...

Anonymous said...

robulah- you r amaaazing-writer dieter ;) etc
xoxo
med r