Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Year 3, Day 233: 6:30AM Wakeup Call for Underwhelming Blueberry Muffins

Emily threw away the uneaten Whole Foods mini muffins and said "You bake them, I'm never going to buy them again." You don't have to ask me twice. COnfirming that you could make the batter ahead of time, I prepared blueberry muffins for morning baking. I thought, how charming of me, to fill the house with delicious baking muffins smell. I got up at 6:30, greased the pans, filled them, warmed up the oven and put them in, then went to take a shower and start the morning ritual. Ruby wanted a muffin, but then said it was 'too hot' and didn't want to eat it. She opted for toast and butter, as she's been doing lately. Emily doesn't really eat in the morning, and Magnolia gave her two mini-muffins a respectable tumble, but didn't really eat them. I brought half a dozen to work, where they took up unwanted room next to another colleague's uneaten muffins.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries (Driscoll, not Canadian)
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

3 Blueberry Muffins

Lunch: Shangri-La
Moo Shi x 3
Chicken with Cabbage
Pea Pod Sprouts
Tea

Snack
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% Jalapeno CHeddar
1 Honey Crisp Apple


Dinner
A little cauliflower


I was not hungry when I got home. Possibly caffeine overdose? We'll never know.

No comments: