Thursday, October 11, 2007

Year 3, Day 221: Wicked Happy 15th Anniversary

So for a long time we knew that we wanted to see "Wicked" and it so happens that it was going to be playing around our anniversary, so I dutifully tried to get tickets for a night sometime near our anniversary. Luckily for me, I actually got tickets ON our anniversary. Emily was happy, but I think she thought I pooched it by not spreading it out more.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.77)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
4 Sticks beef jerky
50 pistachios
1 honey crisp apple

dinner: penang
fried things
sweet things
yukky

My neighbor suggested we eat at Panang, which luckily, was just two blocks from the Opera House where wicked was playing. Of course it was a torrential rainfall and we were running late. The menu was quite strange so we ordered about three people's worth of food. We got the Roti (Home made pancake) which naturally, was delicious. I did not get Kung Pao frog, but I did get Sambal Shrimp and Emily got a special drink. We pointed to a few other things and I'm afraid I can't describe them other than I have, above. The waiters and waitresses were helpful, signaling their alarm at our possible distress at what we were pointing too. Fortunately, dinner was ready quickly and we had plenty of time to get to the theatre. The show, which made me think my hearing is going, was excellent. I can only imagine how incredible it must have been with its original stars.

No comments: