Saturday, June 07, 2008

Year 4, Day 98: Needham Fair

Saturday saw me trying to get the gym and continuing to shake off my cold. I didn't get to the gym, but I did feel better for the first time in quite a while.  Emily and I decided to take the kids to the Needham fair. The first few times we went to this when we lived in Needham it was really enjoyable. Now I see it for what it is-- just a lot of businesses giving away free waters and pens for people who think they're going to a fair.  But there's really not a fair, just Cablevision and free sucking candies.   I have nothing against it, I'm just saying you shouldn't tell your kids you're going to fair when the highlight of the event is four contiguous card tables loaded with Michaelson's discount shoes.     To add insult to injury, the (very slow) line for the ponies was so long I could tell just by looking at it that it didn't make sense to wait on.  Added to that, I think the ponies got too hot and had to be retired to a dark mulchy place where they could eat oats.   To get out of the sun and avoid the ear-splitting noise level, we ducked into the very mediocre stone hearth pizza restaurant.  Then we went home.

Brakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Strawberries
Banana
Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Stone Hearth Pizza
Caesar Salad with Chicken
Meatball Poppers
1 Slice of Pizza

Snack
Popcorn, Almonds, Coffee
Beef Jerky

Dinner
Meat 
Corn on Cob
Salad, Squash & Zucchini

1 Blue Moon Beer

No comments: