Monday, September 24, 2007

Year 3, Day 204: 5768 Getting Started

First day of the new Jewish year begins with the same old breakfast. I realize I write about this a lot, but it's on my mind.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee
Quebec Strawberries (netted at Volante, natch)


Snack
4 Stick Beef Jerky
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Russo's $5.69
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini


Dinner: Bernard's
Boneless Spareribs
Shrimp Soong with Lettuce LEaf
Broccoli

Tonight was the pilot "Daddy and Daughter date." Ruby takes a clay class close to where I work. The class ends at 6pm. So the idea was: I leave a bit early (5:45), go get her, and we go out to eat somewhere. We were supposed to go to Cabot's, which is a great hamburger and ice cream place, but of all things they turned out to be closed on Mondays. So much for the well-thought out plan. I asked her where she wanted to go instead. She said 'the place with the meat." Several unhelpful clues later, I realized she was describing Bernard's, an upscale Chinese restaurant in a nearby mall. So we went there. It's funny, I always want Chinese food, but Emily rarely does. So now my daughter wants to go. Go figure.

No comments: