Thursday, September 13, 2007

Year 3, Day 193: Trip to New York

Doesn't this headline ever get tired? I sure get tired of writing it. We head West to New York to both celebrate 5768 and to visit my father who has just had surgery. He warns me to stay 'thin and limber' to avoid needing the same surgery. So I can just add surgery to the list of things besides apnea, diabetes, etc. etc. I need to worry about and stay on the program. I must confess, it has been a rough few weeks, and even I am at a loss to explain why. However, major surgery for a parent could be stress-inducing, I'll grant you. Then there's the new year and the day of atonement...and then there's this new job....

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

On the road snack
Wee bit of beef jerky
some hard boiled egg-white
2 prunes, 1 dried peach

Lunch
3 pickles
1/2 leek omelet
cashews/almonds

Dinner
1 slice brisket, 1 slice turkey
heirloom tomato salad
pickles & peppers

1/2 honeycrisp apple

1 bite of a brownie

I did a lot of cooking and shopping at Russo's for the holiday, really the fist time I ever brought baked goods to a holiday celebration. The crisp was a hit, and so were the brownies, even though the experts agreed they were overcooked by a few minutes. I used the cooks illustrated recipe, and I must tell you, they are good-good-good (the recipes). I am going to try their corn muffin and chocolate chip cook recipe next.

No comments: