Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Year 3, Day 198: Day of Meetings in New York

Got up at 6:30AM so I could work out in small, poorly ventilated, hot gym with television on at a volume that would deafen nursing home residents. Did about 5 minutes on the stationary bike when the elliptical (crappy little one, home machine, not professional strength) opened up. I did a 30 minute work out, and so was slightly late for my room service breakfast.

I ordered an omelet and wheat toast. They brought me white toast in cellophane which I left exactly as they delivered it. It also came with hash browns (unadvertised) which I inhaled like a lover's scent, taking one sinful crispy bite and putting the rest away to waste.

Breakfast
Omelet (ham, cheese, onion, mushroom, pepper).
coffee

Snack
1 Banana
3 Strawberries

Lunch: 15 East
Soup
Heirloom Edamame
Sashimi Platter

Various/Train Snacks/Dinner
Almonds & Cashews & Smokehouse Almonds
6 Sticks Beef jerky
1 Honey crisp Apple
5 dried apricots
1 oz Boston LIte Popcorn

Following my unfortunate choice of black and blue tuna at Wolfgang's last night, I was not feeling very good or very hungry when we broke for lunch at around twelve. Again, we had managed to choose an excellent lunch spot with the help of some very credible in-corporate advice. However, the thought of more uncooked fish was literally turning me green, so I ordered eel, but the waiter suggested it wouldn't be enough, so I ordered the sashimi platter. Out of financial and biological obligation I ate it, but I did not enjoy it as I should have, so it was quite a waste overall.

In a fury of last-minute luck, we managed to get on the 6:00pm train instead of the 7:00pm. Of course, this meant no dinner was available, so I ate what I had with me, which was just as well, because the thought of the Amtrak dinner was literally going to make me hurl.

No comments: