Monday, November 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 256: The kashi cookie

"At Kashi, we know there's a time in the day when we need to take a moment to give ourselves some tender loving care: a minute to refuel our bodies and our spirits. So, we're offering you a great tasting snack you can feel great about—Kashi (TM) TLC (TM) Tasty Little Cookies (Serving size is 1 cookie [30g, or about the size of two bags of popcorn] and 130 calories- that's no little cookie-Ed.). Our Oatmeal Dark Chocolate chewy cookies contain 7 whole grains, 3g of fiber and 8g of sugar, so they're as nourishing as they are tasty. And, unlike many snack choices, TLC chewy cookies are free of highly refined sweeteners., artificial ingredients hydrogenated oils and cholesterol. TLC chewy cookies help you satisfy your snack craving without sacrificing your healthy. Giver yourself some TLC today!" (There was no picture available of the box).

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Bananas
Green Tea

Snack
3 Beef Jerky
2 oz. 50% Cheddar (Jalapeno)
25 Almonds
Coffee (half decaf)

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
Cole Slaw
Salad

Dinner:
Paprikash Chicken
Steak Tips
Cabbage Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

I am going to North Carolina for three days tomorrow. I am trying to carefully think through what my eating plan will be, as company gatherings, especially in the South, are not geared to Northeasterners on the South Beach diet. Cold tea and potato chips and cookies are sure to abound and sandwiches and muffins are usually the lunch and breakfast offerings. I am trying to pack some small snacks that I can keep on me (Kind bars, nuts, joy sticks) so I can make it through without making anyone uncomfortable. I may not get the chance to blog for a few days, but I will give you the (almost) full report on my return.

No comments: