Monday, August 14, 2006

Year 2, Day 166: Detecto says "185"

So here I am again, at the scale, with Donna, and it's 185. It's 185, so that's it. I mean, OK, I got down to 183, but I guess I have to face the fact that I am plateaued at 185 and that's not necessarily all bad. After all, it is 41 pounds lighter than I was in February 2005. I've basically stayed at more or less the same weight since March of this year (that's five months). I have changed my life. I can run 6 miles (on the elliptical) and swim 3 laps in the same day. I can pick up and carry both my kids. I don't get tired from playing with them, and I'm not facing my 40s being depressed about my weight. But I suppose the reality that I will now have to either work much harder or set about maintenance for the rest of my life was a little depressing. So, I decided to treat myself to a special dinner or dessert or something.

Breakfast
52 grams Kashi/Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Strawberries/Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Green Tea

Snack
3 Sticks Beef Jerky
1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
5 Rainier Cherries

Lunch: Russo's ($5.53)
Red leaf, red onion, red peppers
feta, chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar

Dinner
Rotisserie Chicken
Salad (Cabbage, Romaine, Celery, Red Pepper, Feta, Almonds)

After Dinner Party
1 oz. Whole Foods Cheese Curls
1 bite of Ruby's Chocolate Cake
about half of Magnolia's popsicle (A Haagen-Dazs Raspberry Sorbet with Vanilla)
3 squares of Burdick's sugar free chocolate
a chocolate chip cookie
2 pretzel chips

A friend told me about a site called "Chowhound.com." It's subtitled "for people who live to eat." It's really just a cool discussion board about restaurants and stuff, but by people who have very high food standards. One of the questions it asks you when you register is 'what is your favorite comfort food?" I had to think about it for a minute, and the answer is probably Chinese food take out followed by chocolate chip cookie dough. I wrote cookie dough, and I realized tonight that the other thing that I never ever let myself do is just wander through the cabinets and mindlessly nosh. So that's what I did tonight. I just took everything that came at me. I really enjoyed it. Then I had some tea and regained my senses, ready to get back out there tomorrow on the program. But tonight, with all of its late night sugar, carbs, and irresponsibility, was my celebration of the 40lbs that I hope never to see again.
Good riddance.

2 comments:

Mom said...

From the CAPE: Well it's discouraging not to lose weight but wonderful that you have lost and kept off more than 40 pounds. That's really something! I hope you got the free noshing out of your system....looking forword to seeing you soon. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

it's me. i am back. i just finished all of august and have a lot to say but have forgotten it all. but if you keep bringing home marshmallows just for the other people in the house... i cant go on.

i think you can figure on losing about a pound a month for the last ten pounds if you stick with it. depressing results but i bet it's a fact.

i so enjoy reading your writing, but wish it was in book form and could get away from this unfriendly terminal.

signing off-- love from the women looking for an "s"